The Sandbox is a decentralized community-driven gaming, digital art, and game development ecosystem where creators and designers can create and monetize their art NFTs, art experience and gaming experiences on the Ethereum blockchain.
The Game Maker Fund is an initiative that supports game designers in The Sandbox.
The main purpose is to reward and incentivize those who have proven skills in game design or digital world design to help them produce and publish excellent games and other experiences (such as galleries, educational dioramas, and so on) for players of The Sandbox to visit, play and enjoy. The designers will also be able to monetize this experience when it is launched.
The Marketing Lead in the Game Maker Fund will support the fund’s Marketing Manager in all aspects relating to marketing the user-generated content that is being developed and published through the fund. You will be involved in managing, reviewing, and, if necessary, producing marketing materials for the many projects that are a member of the Game Maker Fund, in order to ensure that the projects have a high level of exposure to our community audience and beyond. You will also be facilitating communication and development efforts amongst the projects in the fund.
The Marketing Lead will report directly to the Marketing Manager of the fund and The Head of Publishing.
- Lead the onboarding of new projects on the marketing aspects of the Game Maker Fund
- Follow up with projects in the fund in regard to their marketing materials
- Review marketing materials and media that have been provided by projects in the Game Maker Fund. These could be images, questionaries, newsletters, AMAs, renders, images, videos, websites, and so on
- Provide case-by-case and one-on-one marketing advice to Game Maker Fund projects to help them create great marketing materials, and to self-promote themselves on social media and elsewhere
- Maintain marketing tracking spreadsheets to track the progress of projects in their marketing flows
- Produce, maintain and update documents, publications, press releases, showcases, and so on
- Manage the Game Maker Fund’s official Twitter account to boost engagement and promote Game Maker Fund projects, as well as promote the fund itself
- Assist The Sandbox community on Discord with live support matters concerning the Game Maker software, the Game Maker Fund, marketing and other support queries. As well as promoting Game Maker Fund projects to the Discord community
- Spot areas within the Game Maker Fund where we could make improvements to our flows, processes, and so on to help the fund run smoother and more effectively
- Other general tasks as requested by the Marketing Manager or the Head of Publishing
- Experience (not necessarily work-related) with visual media design. For example, graphic design, logo design, and video production
- Experience using social media, such as Twitter and Discord, to produce engaging content, reach out to the community, and provide support
- Ability to manage a variety of jobs and meet deadlines consistently
- Able to work both as a team and independently
- Able to analyse funnels, market trends, and behaviours
- A good eye for detail and comfortable telling people/studios when something needs improvement
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent creative writing skills
- A positive and self-motivated attitude, a passion for games and a strong sense of initiative
- You will be required to use word and spreadsheet programs, mainly through Google Drive, Discord, Slack and Google Meet
- An excellent grasp of the spoken and written English & French languages. It does not have to be your mother tongues, but this will be your main working languages. Other languages spoken, such as Spanish, etc, are a plus but not a requirement
- Experience in customer service is a plus, but not required, as support will be given along the way
- Experience in using the Gitbook platform is ideal, but not required, as support will be given
We will consider candidates who do not have any formal qualifications in marketing, as long as they have provable experience in marketing-related and content production/management areas.
The Game Maker Fund is a multinational and multicultural team from diverse backgrounds and skills, who work together in team spirit and harmony, regardless of things like personal beliefs and identities. We strongly believe that every human being is amazing and important, including you.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. The Sandbox does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. The Sandbox will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with The Sandbox. In the event of any unsolicited resumes sent to The Sandbox or to The Sandbox ATS they will be considered The Sandbox property. The Sandbox will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. The Sandbox will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.