The Sandbox is a metaverse, a virtual world where players can build, own and monetize their own voxel gaming experiences on the Ethereum blockchain, using NFTs and our main utility token $SAND.
We are building a deeply immersive gaming virtual world metaverse where creators get the chance to make games next to gaming giants and brands such as Snoop Dogg, The Walking Dead, The Smurfs and more.
The Sandbox Alpha Season 1 was released in November 2021 and was a great success. New Alpha Seasons will be released regularly in 2022.
The Sandbox has more than 3 million accounts created and is a leading protagonist in the Web3, Metaverse and blockchain gaming industry.
Get more details: https://sandboxgame.gitbook.io
We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic and creative Concept Artist to join our Production team in Lyon. The Concept Artist will be responsible for creating concept art for all of High Level Creative documents and Game Definition Documents (GDDs) for all IP projects in The Sandbox. The Concept Artist will work closely with Production squads of Game Producers, Level / Experience Designers, Narrative Designers and Game Designers to effectively visualize written game and experience concepts.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with Narrative Design, Game Design and Level Design teams across multiple IP projects to create visuals for Concept Documents and GDDS.
- Create high quality imagery to inspire IP owners to help sell the vision of the experience The Sandbox is pitching.
- Create high quality imagery to inspire the Production teams to create visually stunning games and experiences.
- Ability to adapt the style to suit the IP universe.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Prioritize the tasks based on the business goals of The Sandbox platform.
- Assist the team in finding solutions to resolve issues as they arise.
- Excellent eye for quality and detail, and the ability to troubleshoot where necessary.
- Research and stay up to date on metaverse / web 3 Game and Experience Design and asset creation.
- Report the team progression to the hierarchy.
What we are looking for
- Experience of concept art in a creative setting.
- Knowledge and interest in Game Production and how to translate written documents into high-quality visuals to help explain game concepts.
- Experience with software such as Adobe Photoshop, Paint Tool SAI, Procreate or similar at a professional level.
- Knowledge of VoxEdit, Game Maker or similar tools related to voxel and game creation.
- Can ensure IP brand guidelines and values are adhered to.
- Good negotiation, conflict resolution and decision making skills.
- Open to learning new software as appropriate.
You might also have
- Motion graphics, video production experience is a plus.
- French or Spanish is a plus.