The Sandbox is a decentralised, community-driven gaming ecosystem where creators can share and monetise voxel assets and gaming experiences on the Ethereum blockchain. Visit www.sandbox.game for more info.
Reporting to the Game Production Director / Game Design Lead, you will collaborate with Games Producers, the Narrative Design, Level Design and Art Teams to help create highly engaging experiences and games for well known IP’s Brands in the TSB metaverse.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of proven experience as either Game Designer or Level Designer on either AAA or Mobile Games. As well as a strong interest in games they need to be excited by and interested in the broader picture of the metaverse and who also thinks about how the blockchain and crypto will evolve the world of gaming.
- Work creatively and collaboratively with a team of Games Producers, Level Designers, Narrative designers, and Artists to creatively define new products and opportunities and then lead the Game Design for the assigned projects.
- Identify and manage opportunities and dependencies, communicating with all stakeholders, putting together progress reports and escalating delivery risks to senior management.
- Has a good understanding of how the blockchain works with regards to crypto currencies, NFTs, and crypto gaming.
- Has good understanding and interest of how the metaverse will evolve, be aware of how the avatar will be the new mouse pointer of the 3D web and the impact this will have on creating gaming experiences.
- A good understanding of UX and how players will navigate this environment and understand the impact of character control and camera positions.
- Is commercially minded with regards to how game design can affect core loops, retention. engagement, game economy and monetisation.
- Hands-on interest in game design / level design. You will be comfortable in game level editors as well as documentation / calculation software.
Ideal Candidate Competencies
We are looking for the following skills and competencies:
- At least 2 shipped titles
- Ability to convey a concept from design to implementation
- Ability to produce mockups, flows, illustrations to support concepts
- Deep understanding of complex ecosystems involving multiple products
- A good understanding of MMO economic design
- Creative ideation and application in relation to Game Design and Look and Feel is a must!
- Experience in working in fluid, Agile Project Management environments.
- Responsible, result oriented, able to work under high pressure and to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- The ability to create and contribute to GDD Documents and creative materials.
- Be able to determine an optimum user experience and player flow
- An understanding of game economics and monetisation that can be fed into product development.
- Good negotiation, conflict resolution and decision making skills.
- Be across and keep up to date the latest trends in metaverse experience / game design
- Can ensure brand guidelines and values are adhered to.
- Has strong client facing skills.
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills capable of building strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent written and spoken English.